Let’s all take a moment to mentally prepare for the imminent struggle that is life in another Chicago winter, shall we? It’ll be cold, yes. The streets will be icy and the snow will be dirty and slushy, sure. Those favorite black suede boots? Banished to storage until the sidewalks are dry. No more early morning jogs. Goodbye sunshine. For the next four months, forget what Chicago was (during the summer) and accept what it is now (Siberia, Illinois, USA).
The bright side? Some pleasures are reserved just for these cold and icy months. Cuddles and kisses, blankets and Netflix, and don’t get me started on the soup!
Here are 10 reasons why winter in Chicago is actually amazing.
10. Any area of space, circular, and more than 10 feet wide, instantly becomes a free ice skating rink.
8. You remember that Hot Chocolate actually sells amazing hot chocolate.
7. ‘Cause Lollapalooza, Pitchfork, and U2 at Soldier Field combined ain’t got nothing on a blanket and Netflix.
6. Feelings of guilt for not bike commuting? Nawl.
5. The. Coats. (Click photo for larger image.)
3. Wine by the fireplace.
1. Hugs (and kisses) under snowfall.