5 Discount Beauty Store Items You Need and Want
What do you say to your coworker who stumbles in Tuesday morning after a long weekend of bad decisions? Time for a new face.
Maybe you’ve been wearing the same shade of lipstick since college, your eye makeup is perpetually gothic from the 90s, or perhaps you’re just bored. Like summer said to fall, let’s switch it up a bit. Time to break out of our comfort zone with some new makeup and junk. The only problem? The life of a product junkie, albeit colorful, is definitely expensive. So, what’s a girl in need of beauty on a budget to do?
I’ll tell you what I do. I hightail my fusty façade down to the closest discount beauty store and I rack up!
Discount beauty stores, or “DBS” as I affectionately started calling them just now, are the incarcerated cousins of the cosmetic world. No one really wants to acknowledge them even though they’re obviously part of the fashion family. Some grossly exaggerate their character, downgrading their quality. Some only visit DBS online, behind the protection of a screen so as to avoid public attention.
Why all the shade?
Here’s the thing, rarely do department stores offer discounts on cosmetics. Outside of Mother’s Day or Valentines when boxed sets are being peddled and/or phased out, you’re unlikely to find a sale on Chanel Mademoiselle or even Benefit’s “They’re Real” mascara. DBS, on the other hand, offer reduced prices and even coupons. Their popularity is easy to grasp.
Groupon has found a way to make the DBS shopping experience even better with Groupon Coupons. Groupon Coupons offers you a discount from Groupon in addition to the lower price already provided by the discount beauty store – just discounts all over the place. I’m so in love with this idea! Check Groupon Coupons for promotions you may not find in your mailbox.
Need some shopping inspiration? Here are 5 beauty items I copped from my favorite DBS, Ulta, that I now can’t live without. Visit Ulta today with your Groupon Coupon in store or online (so as to avoid public attention).
(Left to right…)
- A purple Lipstick: You think you wouldn’t until you do. Stila’s Color Balm Lipstick in Gemma is the most beautiful purple (officially pink violet) hue. It goes on like a balm but has the deep pigmentation of a lipstick. The best part? It makes your lips smell yummy thanks to the brand’s use of peppermint oil.
- A lightweight liquid makeup: I rely on Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup by Urban Decay. My shade, 8.0, was matched exactly to my skin tone. It blends effortlessly.
- A high-tech face cleansing brush: The Mia by Clarisonic is worth every penny. In weeks I saw more radiant skin which was, ironically, less oily and even clearer. I’ve been battling oily, dull, skin forever. This was the only tool that made a real difference for me.
- A grown woman’s mascara: Ulta sells cult favorite “They’re Real” by Benefit Cosmetics in both a large and smaller travel size. I’ve given up all other mascaras since discovering this gem which leaves lashes both deeply black and individually separated.
- A luxury perfume: Any fragrance purist will tell you not to purchase your perfume from a DBS. I’m not a purist, and I say a rose by any other price is still a rose. Rose Essentielle by Bulgari is romantic and formal. It’s my date night go to.
Any amazing DBS finds you’ve added to your repertoire recently? Do tell in the comments below!
This post is sponsored by Groupon Coupons. Opinions expressed belong solely to the author, Kari Herrera, and have not been influenced in any way by the sponsor.