The Shocking Truth About Flats!
Once upon a time you would’ve never caught me in flats, not even at the Laundromat. Stilettos carried me from my morning commute, through the workday, and right on past happy hour. Until one day I realized the effort, for me, just wasn’t worth it. The shoes, plus the 15 miles I was running on average each week, were killing my feet. Besides, a well-crafted heel was wasted on my coworkers who considered clothing more of a utilitarian necessity than an expressive art form.
Soon after that realization I began developing my collection of flats. Now, I find myself reaching for a ballerina shoe even on the weekends. The thing is, flat doesn’t mean boring or drab. A flat shoe can look femme, sexy, and confident. Wear a pair with a flowing dress for an instant mood booster. Here are a few options I currently love. Of course, all can be found at local indie boutiques:
Call ahead for availability and color options.
1.Belmont Army: Soul Mates by Volcom
2. Penelopes: Rose Gold Brass Shoe by Won Hundred
- Lori’s Shoes: Aster by Sam Edelman
Loris Shoes: Koop by Jeffrey Campbell
5. Belmont Army: Easy Does It by Chinese Laundry
- Akira: Windsor boot by Jeffrey Campbell
7. Von Z: Banu Leopard Flat
- Loris Shoes: Nitrogen by Kelsi Dagger
9. Loris Shoes: Carrie B by Jeffrey Campbell
10. City Soles: Bodice Nude by M Shoe DesignBelmont Army (Lakeview) 855 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, IL 60657 Penelope’s (Wicker Park) 1913 W Division St
Chicago, IL 60622 Lori’s Shoes (Lincoln Park, DePaul) 824 W Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60614 Multiple Locations Akira (Wicker Park) 1849 W North Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622 Multiple Locations Von Z (Bucktown) 1872 N Damen 1 N
Chicago, IL 60647 City Soles (Wicker Park) 2001 W North Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
Featured Image: www.Glamour.com
- 22 September 2013 at 7:09am
- Chicago Street Style: It's Here, Get Used to It - Chicagoings.com
[…] shoes are the real reason I took this picture. I’m in the middle of a ...